Reader Submission: I Spent 38 Days in a Haunted House

The following story was submitted by Julie:

I spent 38 days in pure mental hell in a haunted house!

When I was twenty one years old, my new husband's family offered to sell us a house that had been in his family for generations at an incredibly cheap price. They had a difficult time keeping it rented and did not want to hassle with it anymore. We jumped at the opportunity and moved in almost immediately. It was only a matter of hours before strange things began to happen. It did not take me long to decide there was something or someone else other than us in that house.

Almost every night we would hear something coming up the staircase. The steps were old so you could hear every creak. Nick, my husband would jump up out of bed whenever he heard it to go make sure that someone hadn't broken in. It would always end the same, no one was there. The ghost appeared to get braver as time went on. We could hear the steps eventually come down the hall; they were getting a little closer to our bedroom door with each visit. Finally, the night came that we had both been dreading. Nick was sound asleep, exhausted from working hours of overtime. I heard the steps dare to pass the doorway of our bedroom and enter our room.

I felt slightly aware of something or someone approach the side of the bed I had my back turned to, but I was afraid to look. I just kept my face in Nick's chest and closed my eyes tightly. I felt as though there was someone right behind me, right behind my head just staring at me. I knew one thing for sure; I was not going to turn around to check. I just wanted to fall back to sleep as soon as possible. My hand searched under the covers for Nick's hand. I very softly and quietly moved my hand beneath his big palm. I did not want to disturb him; I just knew it would make me feel better if his hand was lying on top of mine.

My back felt ice cold; I tried to bring the covers up tighter around my neck and back. That's when I felt it. Something moved briefly on the bed behind me. I did not acknowledge it. I forced myself to stay still as if I were still asleep. I felt that if I suddenly reacted, I would see something horrible, so I did not turn around, I did not move.

That seemed to upset whatever was behind me. I felt the bed move again, but just ever so slightly. I felt that whatever was behind me was so close to me it was almost touching my hair. I had the feeling on my scalp similar to when you have static electricity in your hair. I was sure it must almost be standing on end. I rubbed Nick's palm with the back of my hand. I think I was actually trying to wake him, but trying to do it quietly, so whatever was behind me would not notice. It didn’t work. Nick just grunted a moment and then took another deep breath, he was still sound asleep.

I felt another movement on the bed directly behind me again. I actually could feel the blanket I had wrapped so tightly around me tug on me a bit as if someone had laid some weight on it behind me, I was sure that something was trying to get even closer to me. Suddenly I felt air blow on my cheek. It was just the same as if someone had breathed on me, except it was a lot colder, ice cold.

I tried rubbing Nick's hand again only I did it more aggressively this time. He moaned a little and turned to face me laying his arm across my side. That made me feel a little better, if there was someone or something directly behind me he would have struck them with his hand when he put his arm around me. I no sooner had the thought when Nick's arm went flying off of me and back towards him. It was as if someone had picked up his arm and flung it off of me. At that same exact moment, I felt a very strong tug on my hair, and heard a whisper in my ear.

"Get out of my room," the words struck me like a knife in my stomach.

It was a very raspy mean voice. I woke Nick instantly, but once again there was no one there. Many things happened in that house. We only lived there for thirty six days, thirty six days of pure mental hell.

That was when I started to believe in ghosts and spirit hauntings. It forever changed how I view things. I wrote a book about the whole experience, The Lennox Haunting... It is on Amazon, It is a true story!

Comments

Backwoods Betty said…
That's funny. My blog got a different post from this same person about her experience and book. Clever outreach!
Miley said…
Hi, I always enjoy Ghost Stories. But I would put a badass cage around my bed after reading that story. haha.. i wouldn't want that creepy assed little beast checkin my face out in the middle of the night anymore!! no way!!
Anonymous said…
its very scary even to read
Anonymous said…
Your husband's family sold you a house that they had owned 'for generations', so had to have known it was haunted, and probably why it was haunted? But your husband doesn't know this, or if he did, he doesn't tell you? You realize the house is haunted, and one night the thing finally comes into your bedroom, and you 'just want to fall asleep as quickly as possible'? You don't try to wake your husband until after the thing finally speaks? Something violently flings his arm off you and this doesn't wake him up?

WEAK.
Anonymous said…
I'm just gonna say it, if I had been you I woulda woke my husband up right away and told him to deal with whatever entity was pissed at you.
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't have waited until the entity spoke. I can relate to you because I've felt this before. I felt pressure on my back when I was in bed and I automatically knew something was in my room right next to my bed. I screamed out for my father and whatever it was, went away. I told him to sleep in my room until my mother comes back. It worked but then again, it kept happening the next night after the next. If I were you, I'd cleanse the house. If you moved, cleanse your new house. Anything could follow you so I definitely recommend you cleansing it. Good luck with your next house and stay safe!~J
Anonymous said…
If this happened to me I would scream bloody murder, and then I would have a heart attack. Since I am only thirteen, the heart attack would probably kill me and then I would be stuck in the house with the ghost that scared me. So I pray to God that never happens. I'm so sorry for the author of this story. I hope the ghost never crosses your path again.
Unknown said…

A haunted house is a house or other building often perceived as being inhabited by disembodied spirits of the deceased who may have been former residents or were familiar with the property.

Popular posts from this blog

Lorelei Inn

Black Aggie

Reminder Sunday